NON WSU Scholarship offers
From time to time MME is informed of non-WSU scholarships. This pages lists links to the scholarships' web sites or documents provided to MME. MME does not endorse or verify these scholarships, students should use due caution in filling out application forms. Some of these announcements may be for previous years; you should still check the web sites to see if scholarships are available.
- Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation Defense Scholarship for Service Program (SMART)
- This program is used to recruit and to retain civilian scientists and engineers to work at DoD agencies and laboratories.
- Recipients are awarded full tuition, educational fees, and a stipend that starts at $25,000 - $38,000.
- Link to online application: http://smart.asee.org/
- AIST Foundation
- AIST Foundation Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis to talented and dedicated students to encourage them to pursue careers within iron- and steel-related industries. Approximately $340,000 will be awarded each year through foundation scholarships, FeMET Scholarships, StEEL Scholarships, endowment scholarships and Member Chapter scholarships.
- Link to detailshttp://www.aistfoundation.org/
- ASME Financial Aid Website
- Link to website: http://www.asme.org/Education/College/FinancialAid/
- Betty & Glenn Tribe
- Mechanical Engineering students can apply for the Betty & Glenn Tribe Scholarship. Access to the application form and instructions are on the "The Community Foundation" web site.
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) is offering close to $100,000 in scholarship money for the 2011-12 school year for students interested in careers in mechanical engineering, HVAC&R engineering or engineering technology. ASHRAE offers scholarships for college undergraduate and graduate students and, new this year, high school seniors. Students who are interested in can apply at www.ashrae.org/scholarships.